Saturday, November 27, 2010

Surviving the Holidays on a Gluten Free Diet

The Holiday season has begun!  With it comes Christmas songs on the radio, movies on TV, and parties galore!  If you are new to gluten free living you may be wondering how you are going to get through this season without being "glutenized"!  In order to stay healthy during this busy party season, I usually scrutinize everything I eat by before putting it in my mouth. When in doubt,  SKIP IT.  If it doesn't grow in the ground or isn't butchered, assume it isn't safe. Better to be safe than sorry, right? Well meaning people may think that something is safe for you to eat, but unless you know every single ingredient used in preparation you are better off not eating it.  I usually bring something with me that I know I can have, that way I can enjoy the company of others and stay healthy too.  It's safer that way. Many gluten free cakes and cookies are available in health food stores, and there are many gluten free cake  mixes available.  As a gluten free baker, I am getting more orders from people who have learned about my products from friends and relatives.  If you would like information on how to order my products please email me at glutenfreejoanmarie@gmail.com     Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment