Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gluten Free Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins


     Today was the first time I made these Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins.  I wasn't too sure they were going to turn out the way I liked, but was pleasantly surprised by the fluffy texture and the bite of the old fashioned oatmeal.  It made the muffins a bit more "rugged", (in a good way) if you will.  The blueberries were sweet and juicy and gave the muffins the extra sweetness they needed.  I think I may be adding these to my menu!   It was a wonderful day to bake! The air was dry, the temperature not too hot, and it made my baking pleasurable and happy.  The sun was shining in my kitchen window, and the blue clouds were visible.  These are the perfect muffins to go with a nice cup of tea (hot or iced) in the afternoon, or for a nice quick breakfast in the morning with a nice hot cup of coffee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment